Chartered Practice | Client Adviser
Publications including journals, peer reviewed papers, books and media.
RIBA Client Adviser case study, Crossrail, London.
Case study about client delivery of lifecycle value at nine central London stations
- • Development of line wide station fit out requirements, including drawings, models, mock ups and full scale prototyping and testing; services in support of contractor delivery of certain lifecycle usability, safety and line wide design consistency.
Published online by Royal Institute of British Architects. London.
Client Advice and Technical Services to Chief Engineer’s Group.
Technical paper about Client advice and technical services for outcome value and certainty
- • Paper explores the value of, and learning from client advice and technical services provided to Crossrail’s Chief Engineer’s Group (CEG) by Linewide Framework for central London stations.
Institution of Civil Engineers Journal, London. Crossrail Project ‘Infrastructure design and construction, Volume 5’.
Engineering design of the platform edge screens for the Elizabeth line’s five mined stations.
Technical paper about the Employer’s engineering design of 2.5km of platform edge screens
- • Requirements development of new and novel type modular platform edge screen including prototype and testing before manufacture .
The Structural Engineer, Journal of the Institute of Structural Engineers, July 2018. London.
Also published in SNC Lavalin Technical Journal, 2019. Montreal.
Benefits of Contractor Prototyping: GFRC Cladding on Crossrail
Authors: Jim Abatti, Jorrin ten Have, reviewer George Stowell
Client and contractor development through prototyping of 50,000m2 of glass fibre reinforced concrete station tunnel linings at five Crossrail stations for technical risk, supply chain engagement, quality management, requirements’ compliance and outcome certainty.
Crossrail Learning Legacy
SNC Lavalin Technical Journal, 2020. Montreal. p.70
- • Open House, London. 100 of the Most Extraordinary Buildings in London, 2012. George Stowell Chartered Architect, The Sports Canopy, National Tennis Centre, London.
- • Norman Foster Works 6. Prestel, 2013. Team credit for Her Majesty’s Treasury, London.
- • A Review of UK architects and their buildings. The Architects’ Publishing Partnership Ltd., 2012. George Stowell Chartered Architect, Sports Canopy, The National Tennis Centre, p,21.
- • The Sage Gateshead. Prestel, 2010. Team credit for The Sage, Gateshead.
- • Norman Foster Works 5. Prestel, 2009. Team credit for The Sage, Gateshead.
- • Fusion, Exhibition of Industrial Design, Nicholas Grimshaw and Partners, 1998. Image publication, p.135
- • Structure, Space and Skin. The Work of Nicholas Grimshaw & Partners. Phaidon, 1993. Team credit for Channel Tunnel Railway Terminal at Waterloo station, London.
- • Light Construction. The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1995. Image of first train into Channel Tunnel Railway Terminal at Waterloo station, London, p/93.
- • New London, 2011/2012,. NLA. Selection of best new projects in the capital, p/58.
- • Architects Journal, October 2011. The Sports Canopy, London.
- • Building Magazine, March 2011. The Sports Canopy, London.
- • Buildings for Leisure, June 2011. ‘Smash hit’, The Sports Canopy, London.
- • Structural use of glass in construction, The Institution of Structural Engineers, 1st Ed., 1999. Image, curved roof at Waterloo International, Fig. 2.25.
- • au Journal , Japan, 1995. Waterloo International Terminal. Authored description.
- • Access by Design, The Journal of the Centre for Accessible Environments, Issue 63, 1994. Waterloo International Terminal case study. Part author.
- • British Cement Association, 1994. Waterloo International Terminal: Case study for use of pre-cast and in-situ concrete finishes in buildings. Part author.
- • The Architectural Review, 1159, September 1993. Image; interior curved roof at Waterloo International Terminal.
- • Independent. June 2008. Top architects tell all: George Stowell.
- • Guardian. June 2007. ‘I’m glad I sold the plane’, Interview with Alex James.
- • New Consumer TV. April 2008. Green architect in the house.